There are 6 billion people in the world. Each one of us is unique, with our own experiences, friends, families, lives, struggles, desires.
Our own desires.
Each of us wants something, making each of us a unique niche, the most micro of niches possible.
As business owners and entrepreneurs, the difficulty is that each of us is also capable of creating a service that would satisfy at least one of our fellow humans.
Finding your niche in business is one of the most important and difficult tasks on the entrepreneur’s journey.
So how do you decide what niche to focus on?
The perfect niche is a combination of several things.
- Small enough for you to gain a reputation
- Large enough to provide you an income
- Consistent enough to target precisely
- Unique enough that they’re not already being served
- In need enough that you can solve a valuable problem for them
Think of your niche not just in demographic terms, but focus instead on their need being the common factor.
What group of people do you serve? How can you describe that group as tightly as possible?